- Prepare as much as you can the night before. The morning can be busy, and time is of the essence due to needing to get to work or get the kids off to school. Therefore, rather than waiting until the morning to prepare certain items, do them the night before. Some items that can be prepared ahead of time include lunches, outfits, your kid’s backpacks, your work bag and putting your keys by the door.
- Put reminders/alarms on your phone. If you have a habit of forgetting to call someone or do something then put a reminder on your phone. This will alert you to complete the task in a timely manner.
- Put appointments on a calendar with an alert. Sometimes doctor’s appointments are several months apart and it can be hard to remember everyone’s appointment. Therefore, by putting them on a calendar and setting reminder alerts, you won’t forget.
- Make lists and do the easy tasks first. Making lists can help reduce stress because it allows you to remember everything that you need to accomplish. By doing the easy items first, you are not only crossing items off your list but you are accomplishing them sooner than if you worked on the harder items first. This will also give you a sense of success.
- Fill your car gas before it reaches empty. Again, the key is to decrease preventable stress. By filling up your gas tank sooner, you are preventing extra stress of needing to fill it up when your time is limited.