frequently asked questions
- Do You Accept Insurance? All services are out of network with insurance. The cost for therapy is determined by a sliding scale based on household annual income. The cost for testing is determined by which instruments are administered. Contact 941.357.4090 to inquire about the fee scale.
- How Long Are Sessions? The length of most therapy sessions is 50 minutes. Testing sessions vary in length but are generally at least 2-3 hours.
- How Often Do People Attend Therapy? At the start of treatment it is recommended that people attend sessions on a weekly basis. As goals are close to being met or progress has been made frequency of sessions may be reduced.
- Who Attends Sessions? Parents generally accompany children to session. For individual therapy cases the child often spends the bulk of time individually with the therapist. The therapist will check in with the parent either individually or with the child for a portion of the session as well. For family therapy or family issues multiple family members are often seen together. **Parents are expected to remain onsite for the duration of their child's appointment**
- Do You Treat Adults? This is a child and family focused practice. There are some difficulties for which adults can be seen related to anxiety, trauma, and peri-natal mental health. This link will take to you a local psychologist who focuses on adult therapy services.